LMB scientists regularly take part in science festivals, sharing our discoveries and providing opportunities for all to talk to researchers and learn more about LMB research and scientific careers.
Cambridge Science Festival
In March every year, the Cambridge Science Festival gives the public the opportunity to explore Cambridge Science. LMB scientists get involved each year, giving talks about their research or running activities such as the ‘Crystal Clear’ exhibit showcasing the Crystal Growing competition or ‘See Your Cells’ hands-on microscope activity in the Biology Zone.
- 2016: LMB scientists talk at the Cambridge Science Festival
- 2015: Hands-on activities by LMB scientists at the Cambridge Science Festival
- 2014: Over 50 LMB scientists showcase research at the Cambridge Science Festival
- 2012: ‘See your cells!’ at Cambridge Science Festival
Cambridge Big Biology Day
Cambridge Big Biology Day is a one-day science festival, hosted by Hills Road Sixth Form College, which is open to all and celebrates the life sciences through hands-on activities, crafts and displays, bringing together a number of biological organisations under one roof.
- 2016: Mighty Molecular Motors at the Big Biology Day
- 2015: Virus Wars – Antibodies Strike Back
Big Bang 2013
The Big Bang UK Young Scientists & Engineers Fair is the largest celebration of science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) for young people in the UK. In 2013 a team of LMB scientists took part in the event, showcasing some of the Virus Wars activities and resources that were being developed for the Royal Society Summer Science Exhibition later in the year.