Privacy & Cookies
Use of your data
We may collect personal information through web forms on our site or third party supplier sites for the following reasons:
- To send you email alerts and newsletters.
- We use third party suppliers to send email alerts to communicate with you about topics you specify. You will be directed to an external website to enter your email address and select your email preferences. If you choose to set an optional password to manage your preferences this will be held securely, and is not accessible to anyone at either the LMB or our third party supplier.
- To collect information for specific activities, for example public engagement activities.
Further information on how your data will be used can be found on the relevant form.
In all cases the information you provide is only used for the transaction for which you granted permission. It will never be passed on or used for any other purpose.
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. This sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information during one task,
- recognising that you have already given a username and password so you don’t need to enter it for every web page requested,
- measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and that there is enough capacity to ensure they are fast.
You can manage these small files yourself and learn more about them from: AllAboutCookies.org
Google Analytics sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the website and volumes of usage. This is to ensure that the website is available when you want it and to help us understand what you want to use.
Google sets the following cookies;
|_utma||randomly generated number||2 years|
|_utmb||randomly generated number||30 minutes|
|_utmc||randomly generated number||when you close your browser|
|_utmz||randomly generated number and information on how the site was reached (e.g. direct or via a link, organic search or paid search)||6 months|
For further details on the cookies set by Google Analytics, please refer to the Google Code website.
If you have any queries about these cookies or would like more information about them, please get in touch.
Based on the work of the team at CFLabs.
You can opt out of Crazy Egg cookies at any time – please see here for details on how to opt out.