Resources & Links
- Dinolite usage instructions
- Microscopic life in the pond fact sheet
- Microscope and accessory suppliers
- Centre of the Cell
The Centre of the Cell is an online resource, a science education centre and outreach project aimed at young people, teachers, families and community groups.
- Royal Microscopical Society
The Society has interesting education and outreach activities on microscopy and imaging, including a microscope kit schools can borrow for free.
- British Society for Cell Biology
Lots of information about the cell aimed at the general public.
- Wellcome Trust Big Picture resource for teachers
A resource for teachers from the Wellcome Trust about the cell.
- The invention of the microscope.
A short documentary on the development and applications of microscopes.
- Exploring the Cell
A very good tutorial from the American Society for Cell Biology.
- Cell size animation
An animation about cell size and scale from the University of Utah.
- Research microscopes at Cellpics
Some of the most widely used microscopes used in research from the Cellpics website. Also worth browsing this website for more information about the cell.
- Under the Microscope
A collection of videos from the University of Cambridge that show glimpses of the natural and man-made world viewed with a microscope.
- Teacher Scientist Network
Loans kits, including educational microscopes, magnifying glasses, specimens and resources, in the Norfolk area.