We are now accepting applications for PhD Studentships starting in 2015/16.
Application deadline is 2nd December 2014 (UK, EU and overseas applicants). Apply Now!
The LMB is responsible for many pioneering techniques, such as methods for determining the three-dimensional structures of proteins and other macromolecules, the sequencing of DNA and the development of monoclonal antibodies.
Our scientists tackle difficult, long-term research problems. At the same time they are encouraged to exploit their discoveries – through patents, licensing and business start-ups – helping to advance medical research and improve the UK’s economic competitiveness.
It is well known that all animals have an internal circadian clock that responds to daily environmental changes of light and darkness, to inform the body to rest and sleep, or wake and be active. As well as a master clock, found in the part of the brain called the suprachiasmatic nucleus (SCN), other areas…
Inside our cells are many small transport vesicles that act as carriers to move proteins and lipids around the cell. To maintain cell function, these vesicles have to deliver their cargo to exactly the right destination. New research by Mie Wong from Sean Munro’s group in the LMB’s Cell Biology Division has shown that when…
- Lori Passmore receives EMBO Young Investigator Programme Award
LMB group leader, Lori Passmore, has been elected into the 2014 EMBO Young Investigator Programme. […]
- Awards for “Imagining the Brain” art winners
Winning students in the LMB’s “Imagining the Brain” competition recently attended an awards ceremony at an […]
- LMB finalist in BIFM Awards 2014
Representatives from the LMB attended a glittering ceremony, hosted by comic and actor Hugh Dennis, […]
- Science Image Award winners announced
The winners of an LMB competition designed to inspire young children about the microscopic world […]
- Peptide and small molecule inhibitors of HECT-type ubiquitin ligases.
Mund, T., Lewis, MJ., Maslen, S., Pelham, HR.
Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 111(47): 16736-41. (25th November 2014)
- Closing the cohesin ring: structure and function of its Smc3-kleisin interface.
Gligoris, TG., et al.
Science 346(6212): 963-7. (21st November 2014)
- Parallel Synthesis of Cell-Penetrating Peptide Conjugates of PMO Toward Exon Skipping Enhancement in Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.
O'Donovan, L., Okamoto, I., Arzumanov, AA., Williams, DL., Deuss, P., Gait, MJ.
Nucleic Acid Ther [Epub ahead of print]. (20th November 2014)
- The Ribosome Emerges from a Black Box.
Cell 159(5): 979-984. (20th November 2014)
- Conformation determines the seeding potencies of native and recombinant tau aggregates.
Falcon, B., et al.
J. Biol. Chem. [Epub ahead of print]. (18th November 2014)
See more Publications