The LMB is responsible for many pioneering techniques, such as methods for determining the three-dimensional structures of proteins and other macromolecules, the sequencing of DNA and the development of monoclonal antibodies.
Our scientists tackle difficult, long-term research problems. At the same time they are encouraged to exploit their discoveries – through patents, licensing and business start-ups – helping to advance medical research and improve the UK’s economic competitiveness.
Gene fusions, which occur when two previously separate genes become aberrantly fused together, are common cancer-causing mutations. What remain unknown are the molecular functions of most gene fusions, and the proteins that gene fusions can encode (fusion proteins). This lack of functional understanding is a growing problem, since the number of detected gene fusions in…
The cause of a potentially fatal inherited autoimmune disease has been identified for the first time. The disease, now named OTULIN-related autoinflammatory syndrome (ORAS), was discovered by doctors treating patients who developed symptoms such as rashes, fever, and diarrhoea shortly after birth. The immune system of these patients spontaneously activates and starts to attack the…
- LMB CamAWiSE annual ‘What next for your career in science’ event
The LMB and CambridgeAWiSE recently held their 10th annual ‘What next for your career in […]
- LMB welcomes Joseph Yeeles as new Group Leader
The LMB is delighted to announce the arrival of Joseph Yeeles to the LMB’s PNAC […]
- Composition and activity of the non-canonical Gram-positive SecY2 complex.
Bandara, M., Corey, RA., Martin, R., Skehel, JM., Blocker, AJ., Jenkinson, HF., Collinson, I.
J. Biol. Chem. [Epub ahead of print]. (22nd August 2016)
- 2-Sulfonylpyrimidines: Mild alkylating agents with anticancer activity toward p53-compromised cells.
Bauer, MR., Joerger, AC., Fersht, AR.
Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. [Epub ahead of print]. (22nd August 2016)
- Harnessing Fluorine-Sulfur Contacts and Multipolar Interactions for the Design of p53 Mutant Y220C Rescue Drugs.
Bauer, MR., et al.
ACS Chem. Biol. 11(8): 2265-74. (19th August 2016)
- Mixed Anhydride Intermediates in the Reaction of 5(4H)-Oxazolones with Phosphate Esters and Nucleotides.
Liu, Z., Rigger, L., Rossi, JC., Sutherland, JD., Pascal, R.
Chemistry [Epub ahead of print]. (18th August 2016)
- Molecular Principles of Gene Fusion Mediated Rewiring of Protein Interaction Networks in Cancer.
Latysheva, NS., Oates, ME., Maddox, L., Flock, T., Gough, J., Buljan, M., Weatheritt, RJ., Babu, MM.
Mol. Cell 63(4): 579-92. (18th August 2016)
See more Publications