How to find the LMB
Addenbrookes Site Map:
Downloadable Site Map (jpg, 446KB)
From London, approaching Cambridge on the M11, leave the motorway at Junction 11 and follow the signs for the A1309 South Cambridge. From the A1309, turn right – almost immediately – on to the Addenbrooke’s Road (signposted Shelfords, Hospital and the Biomedical Campus). Continue along the Addenbrooke’s Road (go straight over at the Shelford Road traffic lights, bear right at the first roundabout and over the railway bridge).
At the second roundabout go straight ahead onto Francis Crick Avenue. The new LMB building is located straight in front of you as you drive along Francis Crick Avenue. Follow the signs for the new LMB building visitor car park (second turning onto the LMB’s site).
Using a satnav – The old LMB postcode (CB2 0QH) has moved to the new building. However until mapping systems are updated the most reliable postcode to use is CB2 0RE – this will bring you to Robinson Way, a short distance from the new building.
For maps to the campus, please see the the section at the bottom of the page.
The LMB has limited parking for visitors. Please contact your host or LMB Reception (01223 267000) to reserve a car parking space for your visit. Alternatively, visitors can use one of the hospital’s patient and visitor car parks. The nearest is the yellow car park 2 (charges apply).
Off-Site Parking – Park and Ride
The nearest Park and Ride site is the Trumpington Road site. Use the ticket machine to buy a ticket specifically for the Addenbrooke’s hospital campus. Parking costs £1.
The main bus station is a good walk across the campus to the new LMB building as indicated on this map (pdf)
Details of buses can be found below:
Further information about train times and routes, including timetables and fares can be found at:
- National Rail Enquiries
- The Trainline – plan and buy UK train tickets
- London Underground (tube maps)
From the station there are many buses to the Addenbrooke’s campus, or you can take a taxi to site.
Transport from London airports to Cambridge
- Stansted airport is on a direct rail link to Cambridge. Services run regularly, operated by National Express East Anglia and CrossCountry Trains.
- Heathrow Express to Paddington, then London Underground (Circle Line) to King’s Cross St Pancras then train to Cambridge.
- Gatwick Express to London Victoria, then London Underground (Victoria Line) to King’s Cross St Pancras then train to Cambridge.
- National Express operate regular daily coach services from the airports to Cambridge. See the National Express website for full details.
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Francis Crick Avenue, Cambridge Biomedical Campus, Cambridge CB2 0QH, UK.
Tel: +44 (0) 1223 267000
Fax: +44 (0) 01223 268300